As Covid-19 continues to impact our world, we want you to know we are thinking about you. With school closures, the kids may need extra activities to keep occupied, Yoruba for Kidz is offering discounted online classes to keep the kids occupied! We hope you take advantage of this!
- Language Proficiency : Beginners!
- Start Date: APRIL 3rd!
- Tuesday Time: 11am CST [ 12pm EST ; 4pm GMT ; 5pm GMT+1]
- Friday Time: 11am CST [ 5pm EST ; 6pm GMT ; 11pm GMT+1]
- Camp Location: Online Video Webinar (Login information provided after Registration )
- Camp Length: FOR the COVID-19 Kids at home
- Camps: Campers learn the Yoruba Language with instructions, music, role play, and much more fun activities.
- Campers have an opportunity to meet at our community square to practice freely with other campers and instructors. This is a fun way to get them to express themselves. NO JUDGMENT at the community square!
- Cost : $29.99 per Month
- Sibling Discount: $22.99 per Month
- Camp Times: Attend 1 class per week. There will be something to learn in every class!
- Tuesdays, 11am CST
- Fridays, 5pm CST
About the Instructors :
Matthew Ajibade is an associate instructor of Yoruba at Indiana University Bloomington. He has done a considerable number of projects in Yoruba which include translating Chinua Achebe’s Things Fall Apart. A Ph.D fellow in Linguistics, Matthew is passionate about using his native Yoruba experience in teaching young and adult non-native speakers of the language.
Tiwalade Ajeigbe’s love for children and passion to promote African culture and language inspired her to write children’s books and create fun children resources to inspire the love of the Yoruba language. She is the founder of Yoruba for Kidz. She has BS in chemical engineering and an MBA and also runs fun immersion camps that teach Yoruba to children on weekends. She lives in Texas with her husband and three children.
- Tuesdays (CST)
March 24, 2020 - April 14, 2020
11:00 am - 11:30 am
- Fridays (CST)
March 27, 2020 - April 17, 2020
5:00 pm - 5:30 pm