Our Preschool Campers are so very special to us! This is the budding stage! Children typically learn a second language the same way they learn a first language. They may understand more than they speak, and that’s OK!
The Curriculum is designed to engage these young minds. We will keep our activities short.
We use repetition and simple role-play to keep learning in context!
The kids also learn songs, learn alphabets and numbers, simple words and simple phrases using repetition and role play where we can practicalize learning for everyday use.
This camps is for Ages 3 – 5 years. We want to keep our kids engages, so space is limited
We know how active our preschoolers are, we require parents to be present during the entire class session to provide guidance to the kids.
- Language Proficiency : Beginners!
- Age : 3 – 5 years
- Start Date: October 3rd!
- Camp Length : 8 weeks
- Day: Saturday
- Time: 11am CST [ 12pm EST ; 4pm GMT ; 5pm GMT+1]
- Duration: 30 Minutes
- Camp Location: Online Video Webinar (Login information provided after Registration )
- Cost : $59.99 (29.99/month)
Typical Class Curriculum
- Every week, students learn topic words and phrases through fun and engaging songs, games, activities, and craft projects.
- Every two weeks, we feature a new descriptive theme such as colors, clothing, foods, body parts or numbers.
- We include weekly at-home worksheets, videos, and songs through our Class portal
- Our preschoolers will also have special access to all our sing along videos on Yorubaforkidz.com!
Typical Class structure ( 30 minutes)
- Welcome and warm-up(review greetings, do the “Bawo ni” song, quick review like numbers 1-10). 5 minutes.
- Mini-lesson (input: introduce new words, short story, teach a new song, etc.) 5 – 10 minutes.
- Brain-break if needed (song, act out words like run, jump, dance, ) 2-3 minutes.
- Follow-up activity (game like Bingo, Match game, etc., craft, coloring, etc.) 5-10 minutes.
- Wrap-up (watch a video song, review, or quick game like Simon Says, or I spy etc.) 5 minutes.
About the Instructors :
Oluwafunke Ogunya-Olaosebikan is currently a doctoral candidate and graduate instructor at the Department of English, Florida State University. She has taught at different levels of education, home and abroad. Her interest in the Yoruba Language and Culture gave her the opportunity to teach non-speaker of Yoruba language as a Fulbright Scholar at the Council on African Studies, Yale University. She lives in Florida with her husband and two kids
Tiwalade Ajeigbe’s love for children and passion to promote African culture and language inspired her to write children’s books and create fun children resources to inspire the love of the Yoruba language. She is the founder of Yoruba for Kidz. She has BS in chemical engineering and an MBA and also runs fun immersion camps that teach Yoruba to children on weekends. She lives in Texas with her husband and three children.
- Saturdays (CST)
October 3, 2020 - November 21, 2020
11:00 am - 11:30 am
|Preschoolersshow details +||$59.99 (USD)||Sold Out|
Sale Dates- The dates when this option is available for purchase.
Goes On Sale: September 5, 2020 12:00 am
Sales End: October 1, 2020 12:00 am
Access- This option allows access to the following dates and times.